Monday, September 22, 2008

Instant "Car"ma is gonna get you

I don't believe in vampires, spirits, demons, heaven or hell. I don't believe in past lives or reincarnation. (Although if it exists I want to come back as a house cat). I don't believe in anything supernatural. I tend to believe in things I can see, taste, touch and smell. I believe possiblities exist but until things that can be proven scientifically they are just fun stories and myths to pass the time. However I have always believed in the idea of karma. I believe in the cosmic balance of good and bad. Yesterday got me on the road to believing in past lives and the whole concept of working off bad karma. Many of you know that last month I rear-ended a guy and did $4000 worth of damage to my car. Well last night I hit a deer in the butt. Bitch ran right out in front of me like a toddler chasing a ball. I didn't hurt the deer. It was a doe and she may actually have liked it if she swings that way. She ran away after I hit her but I couldn't exactly follow her in the woods. After I ran the couple errands I had I called Eric and he said the deer should be fine and no, I don't have to report a deer butt hit and run. I didn't check if there was any damage because I wasn't going that fast and the deer was pretty small. Then I looked this morning. OMG!!! Who did I piss off in a previous life?



Can you see the deer butt hair? What you can't see is the fact that my headlights are pushed back and that the housing is cracked. Damn deer. I hope it gets shot. Oh, don't get all PETA on me. The stupid thing had some suicide wish anyhow, jumping in front of my car. So I think I'm going to see a psychic and see what I should do about this. Maybe I need to cover all of my bases. Do a couple of Hail Mary's, make a trip to Mecca, speak in tongues, handle poisonous snakes, go to the Wailing Wall, become some guys 8th wife, wear magic underwear, chant, work a spell, meditate. I think that about covers it. At least I don't have to work for the rest of the week. This may take awhile. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. I could use them. Next time it could be an elk. We had two in the field last week and they were eyeing up my car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I saw a tarot card reader at the Fremont farmer's market Sunday...maybe she could give you some guidance. Until then - beware of those doe-a-deer butts.

And bummer deal on the car crunch.

Anonymous said...

Shari, I freaking love reading your blog!! You make me laugh every damn time!!